So many of us in the Northern Hemisphere are enduring off-the-chart heat waves so Charles and I put together a list of 10 ways you can beat the heat.
- Dress appropriately. Wear lightweight fabrics and loose-fitting garments.
- Create a breeze. Use a fan, or better yet two. If you have two fans place them in such a way that they move the air over you, and through your space. Remember to turn them off if you go somewhere!
- Use light-blocking curtains. The light that pours in at the golden hour is letting in a lot of heat. Keep the curtain shut in windows that are facing the sun, and open the curtains in shade-facing windows.
- Drink cool water, not cold. Even on hot days, your body creates heat to melt ice. So skip the ice to stay cooler. When that glass is drained, get a refill, or eight!
- If you are stuck on your feet, wrap cold washcloths around your ankles and hold them in place with shoelaces. Keeping your feet and ankles cool will help your body cool the rest of you.
- Similarly, you can wrap cold washcloths around your wrists. Does the same thing. Keep a pair of washcloths in the fridge and then swap them out to stay fresh!
- Eat cold foods. We could all use a few more fruits and vegetables in our diet, am I right?
- Plan your day to avoid the hottest hours. If you have the leeway to make your own schedule, plan a break for the Siesta hours. The siesta hours are in the mid-afternoon when the heat is the hottest.
- Excercise really early or really late, and go easy. The heat is making your body work overtime, so maybe skip those extra reps.
- Enjoy it while it lasts. Although the heat is not always fun, neither is the cold. Enjoy each season in turn. Here are a few summer-season ideas to celebrate the heat! 1. read a steamy book. 2. make a cute hand fan 3. practice that new up-do 3. show a little skin 4. indulge in an exotic fruit 5. get fancy drink umbrellas for your water 6. wear a cute hat 7. try a new sunscreen 8. wear a new summery fragrance 9. go to the nearest body of water and swim 10. scroll in the shade and buy some jewelry on your phone!
We hope these quick tips help you make the most of these sweltering days. See you next time on Pendant and Ring.